Our 'Enry: A Tribute to Sir Henry Cooper
A celebration of the life and career of British sporting hero Sir Henry Cooper. His death at the age of 76 prompted a flood of tributes to the man they simply called 'Our 'Enry'. Cooper was British, European and Commonwealth heavyweight champion, but never managed to win the World title during the uniquely competitive era of Ali, Frasier and Liston, though he did memorably knock Ali off his feet in their legendary 1963 bout at Wembley. This documentary charts Henry's tough wartime upbringing, his most memorable fights and his iconic appearances on the small screen. Sir Henry's two sons, Henry and John, talk fondly of their father, who was loved by his family, his peers and even his opponents, while Sir Michael Parkinson, Sir Bobby Charlton, Jimmy Tarbuck, Barry McGuigan and Frank Bruno are among the close friends who tell their personal stories of the man who became a national treasure.
- BBC News: Sir Henry Cooper - Nicky Piper pays tribute
- BBC Sport: British boxing legend Sir Henry Cooper dies aged 76
- BBC Sport: Sir Henry Cooper remembered: Farewell to Our 'Enry
- BBC Sport: Sir Henry Cooper's life in pictures
- BBC Sport: Tributes pour in for British boxer Henry Cooper
- BBC Sport: What if Henry Cooper had beaten Cassius Clay?
- Wikipedia: Henry cooper